- High Stakes Testing (which are mandatory graduation requirements)
- State and District Developed Assessments (which are usually associated with course completion)
- Nationally Standardized Assessments (which are associated with scholarships and post-secondary admission)
HS GATEWAY ASSESSMENT in SCIENCE and SOCIAL STUDIES
The High School Gateway Assessment in Science and Social Studies are document based questions where students write an corresponding to a topic from that particular area (Science or Social Studies) that is graded both in subject content and the writing style (Language Arts AKS). This assessment is specific to Gwinnett County Public Schools, but successful completion of both assessments is required for a diploma from a GCPS school. The HS Gateway is administered initially to all Sophomores in the spring, but is offered four times a year: September, January, March/April, and June.
There are two remaining administrations of the Gateway for this academic year:
- 3/26/18 (Science) and 3/27/18 (Social Studies). This is the main administration of the HS Gateway and will be administered to all 10th grade students as well as to any student who has not been previously successful on the HS Gateway assessment. This assessment is also available to any new to GCPS student in grades 11 or 12. Makeups for students who are absent on test days will be 3/28/18 (Science) and 3/29/18 (Social Studies).
- Date to be determined. This is an OPTIONAL opportunity for any student not successful on the March administration of either subject to test over the summer prior to the new academic year. Students who are eligible for a re-test will be notified about the registration process for this assessment via letter and information in the school newsletter.
There is NO NEED to register for this assessment, all PRHS students will be automatically registered if they need the retest assessment.
Any former PRHS students should call the district assessment office for plans on taking the HS Gateway, 678-301-7207. Students who have completed their course work will NO LONGER test at their former high schools.
Click here to see the district webpage relating to the HS Gateway which includes resources and sample papers as well as the AREAS OF FOCUS for this school year.
Click here to be directed to the Media Center page which lists resources (under the TEST PREP link) for students in preparing for the HS Gateway and other assessments.
STATE and DISTRICT DEVELOPED ASSESSMENTS
- Georgia Milestones (End-of-Course) (take a sample test!)
- Student Performance Goal Assessments (SPG’s)
- District Assessments (DA’s)
GCPS has also developed common assessments in many of the core courses to measure student learning. These select response (multiple choice) assessments are part of the grade students earn in each course. PRHS students will take these common assessments every 4.5 weeks on our block schedule (every 9 weeks for year long courses) in the following courses: Algebra 1, Geometry, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade Language Arts, World History, US History, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. These assessments vary in weight from 1% to 10% of a students grade in the course. The parent portal gradebook is a great way to find out how these grades affect your student's overall grade in the course.
Did your student miss a DA? You can contact the Assessment Office to schedule a make-up for the missed assessment by emailing or calling us from the links above or have your student stop by E108 to schedule in person. We are generally available EVERY DAY before, during, and after school, but appointments should be scheduled in advance.
NATIONALLY STANDARDIZED ASSESSMENTS
- ACT Testing Center #244760
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
.AP Exams for 2018 will be administered May 7th-May 18th, 2018. Most exams will be administered at Gwinnett Technical College with the exception of the French, Spanish, and German exams which be held at Peachtree Ridge High School. The AP Chinese exam will be administered at the Instructional Support Center, 437 Old Peachtree Road, Suwanee, GA 30024.
You can see the specific dates for each of the AP exams by clicking here!
Registration for AP Exams is done on My Payments Plus, www.mypaymentsplus.com, and is open NOW!
To find out more about AP Exams, please visit:
- PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test)
The PSAT is administered once a year nationwide. The administration date for 2017 was Wednesday, October 11th, 2017. As it’s name implies, this is a great assessment to get a baseline of expected performance for the SAT that many students will take. Peachtree Ridge (through a grant from the Georgia Department of Education) offers the PSAT FREE OF CHARGE to all students in a 10th grade PRIDE and at a charge for any 9th and 11th grade student. Currently, Peachtree Ridge does NOT offer the PSAT 8/9.
Scores for students who took the PSAT on the 10/11/17 date are back and available ONLINE. Students should have received an email from College Board with their ACCESS CODE and information on how to get additional details about the score.
Need more information about PSAT? Find it HERE
- SAT TESTING CENTER #11156